History fires pupils’ curiosity about the past and the wider world. In history, pupils will have a sense of adventure and become history detectives.
They will consider how the past can influence the present as well as the future. Our curriculum develops the chronological framework for children’s knowledge of significant events and people. They see the diversity of human experience and understand more about themselves as individuals and members of society. We aim to provide an engaging rich history curriculum that enables pupils to:
- Develop chronological understanding of periods of time
- Increase knowledge and understanding of key events
- Know about famous people who have influenced the course of history
- Recognise that the past is represented and interpreted in different ways
- Be able to use a range of sources to select and record relevant information
- Develop a range of skills necessary to communicate their knowledge and understanding.