Primary Teacher Job Vacancy
Job Vacancy - Primary Teacher (Maternity cover)
South Molton United C of E Primary School, Exeter Road, South Molton, Devon, EX36 4EN
Hours per week - 32.5
Weeks per annum - 39
Salary - TPS
Closing date - 11/11/2022 Midday
South Molton C of E Primary School is a modern school on the edge of Exmoor in the rural town of South Molton. The school is not part of an academy or federation. It was purpose built in 2017 on the outskirts of the expanding town and has increased in pupil numbers over this time. We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join our thriving school.
If you would like to be part of a teaching team with a strong commitment to professional development and a clear, well thought out approach to the curriculum which enables all staff to be autonomous and contribute to the development of teaching approaches then we would like to hear from you.
We would like to invite applications from teachers who are creative, aspirational and inspirational to join us on the next part of our school journey. We welcome applications from experienced teachers and ECTs.
• Be passionate about achieving the best outcomes for all children and giving children an excellent foundation in key skills.
• Be able to communicate your vision for excellence within KS2 to staff, governors and parents.
• Show a strong, proven track record of excellence in teaching and learning.
• Have a teaching qualification plus evidence of continued professional development.
• Show outstanding classroom organisation with excellent behaviour management.
• Be able to work within a team to inspire and plan effectively to ensure all pupils are fully challenged so that their learning is of the highest standard.
• Have a strong commitment to working with parents/carers collaboratively.
• Show the ability to assess pupil achievement accurately and set clear next steps for progress.
• Be someone who will support our Christian ethos and distinctiveness of the school.
We can offer:-
• The opportunity to develop, extend and further shape our KS2 provision on a school site with extensive outdoor space.
• A dedicated and hard-working team of reflective practitioners with a strong sense of collaboration.
• Polite and well-mannered children who are enthused and inspired by great learning and teaching.
• A strong commitment to your professional development and opportunities to grow your leadership skills.
• A commitment to your work-life balance and well-being.
Free car parking on site.
The post is initially to cover maternity leave until 31st August 2023. However, it is likely there will be a need for a teacher beyond this date. This position, if required will be advertised at that time and the successful applicant will be welcome to apply for the post.
The post holder will ideally start January, but we are could delay for the right candidate.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01769 572656 or via email to arrange a time.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Written references will be taken up before candidates are invited to interview.
The application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see attachments below for Application form etc