Clerk to Governors Vacancy
Clerk to Governors minimum of 6 hours per week term time (38 weeks per year), £10.41 - £11.50 per hour depending on experience.
Closing date 31st October 2021
South Molton United Church of England Primary School Governing Body invites applications for a Clerk to the Governors. The governing body is effective and contributes fully to the school’s success.
The Clerk will be accountable to the governing body, working effectively with them, the chair of governors and head teacher.
The Clerk’s main role is to provide professional clerking services to the
governing body and its committees. You will:
- Be able to take accurate minutes from your own notes to then produce well presented minutes for distribution and reference.
- Collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in advance of meetings and prompt committee members and school staff on when items need reviewing.
- Be available to take minutes at all meetings throughout the year, approx 16 meetings a year. Meetings times vary, but most take place after school (from around 4pm-6pm or 6pm-8pm).
- Be responsible for updating and circulating policies and find out information for the Governing body on various issues.
- Attend relevant training events organised by the Local Authority and Governor Services.
- Support the induction of new governors and guide the Governing Body on procedural matters
Experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided. Candidates should have sound administration experience and be competent in the use of ICT, email and internet and have access to a computer.
This post is home based but will require an ability and willingness to visit the school regularly to deal with admin tasks in addition to attending meetings. Currently some meetings are via Teams or Zoom and some are held in school. You should have an interest in education, be tactful and able to deal with matters confidentially. You should be reliable and flexible.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Written references will be taken up before candidates are invited to interview.
For more details please contact Mr K O’Donnell, Head Teacher or Hannah Cumings, School Business Manager 01769 572656 or email email@example.com
Completed applications should be emailed to the address above.