School Meal Menu
Our school meals are provided by Devon Norse in partnership with Devon County Council.
A copy of the current menu is at the bottom of this page
There aim is to give each child with the best possible start in life by providing a healthy school lunch. The school has a salad bar and produces all its own meals from our production kitchen. The children will learn about cooking and grow their own vegetables.
The current price of a school lunch if £2.30 per day.
If your child would like a vegetarian option or jacket potato please speak to the office. Vegetarian is available daily and Jacket potatoes on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Free school meals
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals. However, parents and guardians are encouraged to apply for free school meals when they enrol their child in school, as this can help their child’s school to attract additional ‘pupil premium‘ funding to support learning.
From year 3 onwards, children whose parents are getting any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right can also get free school meals.
Please be assured that all our food and suppliers are tested regularly to make sure we provide a high standard to our customers.
School Milk Scheme
Our school provides a milk scheme that is available to all our pupils. Children under five are registered by the school to have free milk, children over five can also receive milk if parents register them for the milk scheme. Please click on the link below, which explains how you can do this. For children on Free School Meals please call the school office on 01769572656 to register your child.